Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Not much happening here

Well, it has been a few weeks since I updated my blog. Laura congratulated me on blogging more often and then I just slowed it down again. Not much is happening here. Same old same old really. Mason has picked up a new phrase to say, "oh my gosh". Lovely huh? He got it from me on one of those days where you step out of a perfectly calm situation and room to do something simple for just a minute and come back to mass chaos. I don't even remember what they did , but it truly deserved an "oh my gosh". So now I spend time every day trying to get him to say oh my goodness instead of oh my gosh every time he says it. Hopefully he will forget about it soon. Rush had a funny on the way home from church on Sunday though. He was in his car seat recapping the day when he all the sudden got serious and looked at his legs and said, "Mommy, I don't like this furry stuff on my legs." Brian and I go a good laugh at that one. We both decided it was a good thing that he doesn't know he has furry stuff on his back as well. I almost forgot to mention that Rush had a marriage proposal last week at school His friend Claire has really taken to him this summer and called him a prince and her a princess. She told him he was to protect her and finally asked him to marry her. Rush's response was "let me ask Jack about that". Too funny. I have always thought he was precious, but I guess certain 4 year old girls do as well. Brian and Claire's dad know each other from high school and we saw him at church on Sunday. We collectively decided that it could be worse and we promised to raise our kids right just in case this does pan out in the future. As far as the baby goes, things are good with him, however my iron is low, big surprise, and my heart has had a few moments of racing along with my blood pressure being slightly elevated for me. All that to say I have had an EKG, an echoocardiogram, and am wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours. Fun! They are just checking things out and don't have any real concerns at this point. We will see what the tests all say. In the mean time, Mason wants to fix these stickers that are part of the monitor and take off these wires. They are quite attractive I must say. I am going to have a real problem tomorrow finding a shirt that covers them up. There are four wires and sticky things. Two of them are right below my collar bone and one is slightly lower in the middle of my chest, but all are very visible with any normal shirt because they stick out of the neck of the shirt. I will be such a fashion statement tomorrow. How many of my preschoolers do you think are going to ask about them. Oh, and they aren't helping how hot I am right now. They probably aren't making me sweat, but it sure does seem hotter since I put them on.

No comments: