Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tomorrow!!!

Ok, so tomorrow is the big day. We find out the sex of the baby! Exciting! And yes we will be telling people the sex. People keep asking me if it matters if it is a boy or a girl and the answer is no. We would be happy with either a boy or a girl. The way I look at it is God doesn't give us a choice in the matter so why should I get an opinion. Only he knows what we need, although many have speculations. Another question we keep getting is are we going to tell a name this time. Well, to be quite honest we haven't even talked about names. Rush's name was a given. For those of you who have known me a long time you know that I always wanted to name a boy Rush so I did. I even did so despite my seminary friends saying I was naming my son after a Jewish holiday (Rosh Hoshanah). We had a girl name that we liked before we found out Mason was a boy so we altered it to be a boy name. We didn't even officially decide on the full name until days before he was born so what good did it do us to tell people. We have no names for either sex at this time and have chosen not to talk about it until we know what we need to talk about. We haven't talked about sharing the name before the birth or not, but I am pulling for not sharing. It was kind of fun watching people wonder. There were also some really good pictures taken in the waiting room on the hospital when Brian showed up at the glass window with Mason and a little card with his name on it. It would be even more fun if they didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. I would do it, but I am pretty sure somebody would let it slip. Besides I need to know if I need all new stuff or am good to go with some things I already have. I will say this, If it is a girl somebody is going to rack up on some boy stuff because I will be getting rid of things that we no longer need.

No comments: