Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sooo far from perfect

I get in these moods where I wonder what my idea of a perfect life would be like. I would wake up every morning from a wonderful nights sleep and have all the energy in the world. Everyone else in the house would wake up on their own and happy and ready to start the day. Since I would be oh so organized clothes for the day would already be ironed and hanging in the closet, lunches would be packed, and my house would be immaculate because of course I would have time to clean it or money to pay someone to do so. Did I mention that this house we live in would be just a bit bigger with a yard, a playroom and a sewing room, and would also be in a location closer to our families and Brian's work? Brian would be off to work and I would take the kids to preschool while I spent the day taking care of things for my family, doing a little sewing, or indulging myself in something that I truly enjoy! We would come home at the end of our day and the kids would rest while I fix dinner that we would all enjoy and sit at the table to eat. We could enjoy family time just playing and enjoying being together. The kids would get baths and go to bed without a fight and I would get to spend time with my husband. That would be the life!

Truth be told, my life is so far from that that it is not even funny. I really love my life ,but I there seem to be a lot of less than perfect days lately. I'm not one to wish that things would be different, but I really have thought about it lately. I love my family so much, but I wish that they would all be healthy and happy just for a few days. There could be things that could be a bit easier. I guess it is the hard times that help shape us. I also know that it is during the hard times that we look more toward God and fully rely on him. He does carry us. He does get us through it, we just need to fully depend on him everyday and not just during the hard times. I'm guilty of that at times. I don't spend enough time praying and seeking God in my decisions. He has shown me that I need to do so more and that his plan is perfect. I just wish I perfectly understood.

No comments: